Makes 1 to 2 portions
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
- 150g tiger prawns
- 10g egg white
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of flour
- pinch of sugar
- sesame oil
1. Wash and peel prawns. Devein them and rinse. Pat dry the peeled prawns and slice into very small pieces.
2. To prepare the paste, grab the prawns with your hand and forcefully toss them against the walls of a mixing bowl. Repeat the process till they congeal into a unified paste.
3. Add the egg white, salt, pepper, flour and sugar, and mix till well incorporated. Drizzle over some sesame oil to taste, and mix again.
- 1 slice of white bread
- 20g black sesame seeds
- 20g white sesame seeds
1. Spread the prawn paste onto one side of the bread.
2. Mix the sesame seeds together, and cover both sides of the bread with the seeds.
3. Prepare oil for deep frying. Heat up to 150°C.
4. Place bread into hot oil, prawn paste side down. Deep-fry till golden brown, then flip over and continue till golden brown.
5. Remove from oil and place on oil-absorbing paper or kitchen towel to cool.
6. Trim and cut bread into 4 pieces. Serve with sweet and sour chilli sauce on the side.