Makes 2 8-inch cakes
Prep time 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook time 12 minutes
- 100g Gianduja
- 100g Guanaja 70%
- 800g praline paste
- 320g feuilletine
1. Melt the two chocolates over a bain marie. Remove from heat and mix in the praline paste and feuilletine.
2. Using a cake pan, make a layer and let cool.
- 450g raspberries, IQF
- 100g sugar
- 8g pectin NH
1. Place the raspberries in a sauce pot. Once they reach a temperature of 35°C, mix in the sugar and pectin.
2. Bring mixture to a boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- 290g almond paste
- 85g icing sugar
- 140g egg yolk
- 100g whole egg
- 170g egg white
- 90g sugar
- 70g flour
- 70g cocoa powder
- 75g butter, melted
1. In a mixer, whip up the almond paste, icing sugar, egg yolk and whole egg. Set aside.
2. Mix the egg whites and sugar together until a meringue forms. Gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
3. Fold the meringue and the almond egg mixture together.
4. Once done, fold in the melted butter.
5. Bake the cake in a preheated 200°C oven for 12 minutes.
Dark chocolate ganache
- 250g cream
- 40g trimoline
- 250g Guanaja 70%
- 50g butter
1. Bring the cream and trimoline to a boil. Pour over the chocolate.
2. Once the chocolate mixture reaches 35°C, add in the butter to emulsify.
1. Start with a layer of the sacher sponge. Top it with the crunchy layer.
2. Add another layer of sacher sponge. Spoon the raspberry marmalade over and top with a final layer of sacher sponge.
3. Coat the cake with ganache.