Makes 4 portions
Prep time 1 hour 30 minutes + 24 hour infusion
Cook time 50 minutes
- 10 shallots, sliced
- 600g morels, sliced
- 120g button mushroom, sliced
- 1l water
- salt to taste
1. Sweat the shallots until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the moisture is released, and the liquid has reduced itself by half.
2. Add the water. Cook over low heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Filter and store.
Crispy mushroom leaf
- 200g mushroom broth
- 40g semolina
1. Reduce mushroom broth until a quarter of its volume remains. Add the semolina, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and cool. Blend the mixture and strain, before pouring into a mold and cooking at 160°C for 5 minutes.
- 3g coffee
- 2g cinnamon leaf
- 200g butter
1. Grind the coffee and cinnamon leaf separately to get a fine powder. Sieve if necessary.
2. Mix both coffee and cinnamon leaf into 100g butter each, and gently mix till well incorporated.
3. Let flavours infuse for at least 24 hours.
- 150g morel broth
- 50g each of coffee and cinnamon butter
- lemon juice
1. Heat up morel broth and blend in the butters. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice. Keep warm.
- 350g button mushroom
- 350g cream
- 30g ramsons
- 30g spinach puree
1. Sweat the button mushrooms in a pan to release moisture. Once done, add in the cream, and cook on low for 1 hour.
2. Strain the cream and mushroom mixture. Measure the liquid, and add 1% of its weight in agar agar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Blend the solids to get a puree.
3. Remove from heat, and cool until it reaches 40°C. Blend with the ramson and spinach puree. Set aside.
- 20 pieces morels
- 20g olive oil
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 50g butter
- salt to taste
1. Wash the morels in lightly vinegared water. Cut them into small 1.5cm pieces and mix them with the olive oil and a pinch of salt in a steaming vessel. Steam for 15 minutes.
2. After steaming, heat up the vegetable stock and butter in a small pot. Cook the morels for a second time at low heat, 20 minutes.
3. Portion the morels onto the plate. Spoon the mushroom cream around them, and add dots of mushroom puree. Garnish with the crispy leaf and the foamed sauce.